The Joy of Reconnecting with Old Friends!


What a joy it is
to reconnect with your long lost friends
after you've meandered around life's uncertain turns

The Journey Called Life
Life is a journey, and everyone would agree to it. You embark on this journey as soon as you realize that you've got to be doing something with your life, lest you are left staring back in time wondering, "What have I done with my life?"

Life's All About People
As you journey through life, you come in contact with innumerable people, some whom you are unreasonably stuck with, and others whom you couldn't help but let go. Be it because of ambition, or your quest for your daily bread- you may have had to part with your best friends. The void remained for long- in fact, it may linger on even today.

The Joy of Reconnecting
What a joy it is to reconnect with your long lost friends after you've meandered around life's uncertain turns. How interesting it is to learn about all that they've been up to, and to find out about what they've learned and achieved so far. This reunion has been made possible by many social networking sites. No wonder these social networking sites are ruling the online roost!

My Social Networking Reunion
I experienced the same reunion when I joined Facebook last year. I suddenly found my friends whom I had left behind as long as 20 years ago. It was great to see how they looked; how their homes looked; how many children they had and how they lives their lives. What an experience!

Life is all about relationships-
the less self seeking the better.

Some friends amazingly maintained their youth, whereas others were getting older. Nevertheless, the response that I got from them made me feel that time may outwardly beat upon you, but it's your inward resilience that matters.

What You Can Do on Facebook
Facebook is a social networking site that allows you to search for friends using their names or email addresses. You can send invitations to them. Once they accept your invitation, you can view their "Wall posts," their photos, their notes, their links and videos. You can chat, create groups and join other groups. You can also throw up a party and request a R.S.V.P.

Some connect for pleasure;
some for friendship;
others, for companionship
and still others, for business.

The Purpose Of a Relationship
Life is all about relationships- the less self seeking the better. Relationships are the treasures you collect on your way to your destination. However, every relationship has a purpose, or it would fade.

What's your purpose for linking up with others?

Some connect for pleasure; some for friendship; others, for companionship and still others, for business.

No matter what your reason may be, every once in a while
- tell someone how much you appreciate them
- ask them if you could do something for them
- find out how you could work together to make a difference to the world around

Ponder on this: 
Are your online friendships the end in themselves, or are they just means to a moneymaking end?

-ContentScoop
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Mrs P said...

Who could confess that they were just out to make money?! Whatever the original motivation for online networking, for me, the people are more important than the money. I hope I always believe that.
Nice to 'meet' you and thanks for the Twitter follow.
Rachel
PS Great cartoons! When I'm rich, I'll ask you to illustrate my blog!

ContentScoop said...

Hello Rachel,
Nice to meet you too, and thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you liked my cartoons. There is a funny side to me, and I try to portray that through my cartoons.

I have skimmed through 2 of your blogs and I really like them. They are so genuine and cute. I'm an educator and can relate to miss's memoirs. I can see that you have the knack for writing. Hope to learn from you. I'm following your blogs and will read more later.
-CS

Blog Widget by LinkWithin