How to Read the Mind of a Person from an Email Message




Emails have become the norm for communication and interaction. They are lightning fast (or at least they seem to be) and everyone prefers them to snail mail.

‘You can actually read the mind of a person
by reading his or her email.’
Everyone, young and old, has an email ID. At the dawn of the Internet age, my foremost activity was to get an email ID, and I know it’s the same for many. Those were the days! You could write to anyone across the miles, and get a quick response. Nowadays, social networking and chat are ruling the roost. However, email is just indispensable.

Have you ever wondered
how the person on the other side
knew what you were thinking
just by reading your email?

Email has ever since become a medium of expression for many. You can actually read the mind of a person by reading his or her email.

I usually express more on an email message than I would do in person. This is not because I’m a techie freak. It’s just that I can express myself better because (slow that I am) I know that an email need not be written in a hurry. Also, I have the advantage of writing out my heart without any interruption. Writing is an overflow of the heart for most people, and I am one of them.

Have you ever wondered how the person on the other side knew what you were thinking just by reading your email? That’s probably because the person knows the secret of how to read the mind of the person behind the email.

Find out what they are not saying,
what they are implying;
their intentions and contentions.

You can not only read the mind of the email sender but also judge the thoughts and attitudes. Find out what they are not saying, what they are implying; their intentions and contentions. Now, although what I write is not rocket science, it does carry a lot of weight. Do some research and you will see…

So how do you read the mind of a person from an email message? Here’s how:


Yes, there are some who are very cold and
yet can write a warm salutation.

1. Read the Mind from the Salutation
You can tell a lot about how the person feels about you from the salutation. You can feel the affection in “My dear Amanda” or “Dear Sean.” You will feel well greeted by a “Hello Stephanie” or a “Hey Carl.” You can feel a strong bond when you read, “Dearest Doug.”

The message that “Dearest Sugar” or “Honey bunch” conveys reaches straight to the heart of the gooey eyed reader.

Yes, there are some who are very cold and yet can write a warm salutation. You will soon be able to read right through them as you read the message body.


You can tell when someone is indirectly asking a question,
pushing you to approve a deal or
implying something.

2. Read the Mind from the Message Body
A friend of mine would spell check his email message twice, just in case there was a typo or a grammatical error. Or maybe a comma needs to be placed somewhere. Introducing…the perfectionist!

Another friend in her teens would write, “hey how r u. I’m wid ma friends n enjoying d party. Cud u pls tell Jason Im sry I missd hs bday.” Shall we call her Miss Cool Girl? I must admit that it took me quite a while to decipher that.

Then there’s another friend who writes thus, “Hey thanks for your email I enjoyed reading it I hope to get back in touch.” How could anyone fail to notice the absence of punctuation? No, this is not a proofreader’s nightmare. I feel such individuals have a sense of confidence about themselves and do not believe in putting up false faces. Surely enough, this friend of mine is the most honest guy I know. (And yes, such writing can even come from a bloke who’s never been through high school)

Then there are those cheeky chums who would write, “Should I consider it done?” or “I was wondering what your salary is.” You can tell when someone is indirectly asking a question, pushing you to approve a deal or implying something. Yes, you read the mind of that marketer right!

3. Read the Mind from the Complimentary Close
“With Love”, “God bless”, “Take care”, will tell you that the person is quite close to you (or at least pretending to be).

There is a business associate who just writes –Timothy (hyphen Timothy). How very cold and business like…

“Cheers” is the byline of a happy go lucky person; or what would you say about, “luv”, “kisses”…? Hey, hey, let your mind not drift...I’m not done yet.

...whether you receive a reply or not,
you can still read the mind of the person

4. Read the Mind from the Time Taken to Reply
A quick reply tells you that the person loved to hear from you. A reply after a few days indicates deliberation and obligation. If you are being made to wait longer, it shows apathy, a lack of interest, reluctance to continue on the topic or rejection.

I have had those no reply waits from employers, business associates, friends and relatives. It kind of breaks your heart. Well, it’s best to allow people to make their own choices.

So whether you receive a reply or not, you can still read the mind of the person and gain some insight into an imminent solution.

ContentScoop
August 21, 2009

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin