Why do I Hate My Life?

"I hate my life!"

This is something everyone has said once in a while. Well, there are others who say it all the time!
Remember the time
when dreams were young
and spirits were high!
As the years roll on, it suddenly hits you that life has turned out to be different from what you had dreamed of. You suddenly wake up to the realization that you are lagging behind. A sense of frustration may try to creep in, but you somehow keep the flame burning in the hope that your dream may come to pass some day.

You say to yourself, "It has not happened yet, but it will happen." You put on the better-late-than-never attitude and talk yourself into thinking positive. That's all nice and fine; however, you must never lose touch of reality.

There's something inside you saying, "I hate my life!" but you stifle that voice and try to put up a bold front.

How Life Turned Out To Be 
Yeah, all you guys would love to be tall and muscular; have more money in your pockets and more hair on your heads. Girls wish they'd never have to cross 17 and would love to freeze into timeless beauties (a little exaggeration here).

Remember the time when dreams were young and spirits were high! You had dreamed to reach the skies. However, time and tide have left their unsightly marks. Life has taken its coarse, making you submit to its devices.

If life did not turn out the way it did,
you would be half the person you are today
and twice the weakling you were yesterday.

When Dreams Don't Turn Into Reality
When dreams don't turn into reality, don't say, "I hate my life!"

Rather ask yourself the following questions:
  • Was I a realistic dreamer, or just a mellow eyed dreamer?
  • Did I have a game plan?
  • How hard did I work towards my goals?
  • Am I willing to continue working hard?
When Life's not going Your Way
When life's not going your way, there are a few things that you must realize:
  • You've tried your best
  • It's not your fault
  • You cannot reverse the course of life
  • You may be standing at the TURNING POINT OF YOUR LIFE
So don't say, "I hate my life!"

Remember that if life did not turn out the way it did, you would be half the person you are today and twice the weakling you were yesterday.

You will soon see that
the things you can control
far outweigh the things you can't.

What to Do
So what must one do? Worry about it? If worrying would make an inkling of a difference, it would be time to start a worry club. However, there are better things to do.

First let's accept it: You cannot control everything!!!

If you think that you can control every aspect of your life just as you have read in those self help books, it's time to get real. The truth is that you can't !

Rather, focus on things that you can control. Take a piece of paper and write down just 10 things that are in your control- simple and straightforward things. You will soon see that the things you can control far outweigh the things you can't.

10 Things That I Can Control
  1. Sleep on time and wake up early
  2. Make time to exercise
  3. Buy a new set of clothes
  4. Visit the beauty parlor
  5. Look for a new job
  6. Don't delay things for tomorrow
  7. Make a phone call to someone special
  8. Strive to be the best spouse you can be
  9. Say "Sorry", "Thank You", "I Love You"
  10. Add to this list...
Some of us need to keep pursuing our dreams while some of us need to start afresh! Do whatever it takes to stop saying, "I hate my life," and you will realize that there's much more to life than what you can perceive.

-ContentScoop
August 31, 2009

    No comments:

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin